Trademark protection registration is an administrative procedure, submitted by an individual or organization – who is the owner of the trademark. The owner shall submit an application for registration at the Intellectual Property office. Trademark registration is an important and necessary thing for the owner to be able to protect certain trademark exclusively throughout the territory of Vietnam. However, can a trademark be registered multiple service groups in Vietnam? Viet An Law shall send customers an article with detailed answer to solve these concerns as follows:
- A trademark can be registered many groups of services, a trademark can be registered at least 01 product/service group and a maximum of 45 groups of products and services (that means all groups of products and services on the market)
- Customers should notice that, a trademark registration application consisting of many products or service groups, the examination time for a trademark registration application will be longer than that one of a trademark application consisting of a few product or service. The reason is the application process for multiple groups will take more time than the one for fewer product or service group.
- A trademark can be registered many groups of services, in order to protect absolutely intellectual property rights to products and services of trademark owner. This can avoid the fact that competitors can take advantage of not only affecting the production and business processess, but also affecting the brand and reputation of the trademark owner.
- Trademark registration time currently lasts 24 – 28 months so that customers should choose the necessary products and services to register products and services for the same trademark application. This registration also helps customers to save time and money to avoid new products and services that will have to reapply from the beginning.
- Therefore, a trademark can be registered many groups of services, that means the cost of a trademark registration is not fixed, but it completely depends on the number of products and services used or traded under the registered trademark. The more the number, the higher the cost of the trademark registration.
Services on a trademark registration of Viet An Law:
- Advice on procedures and conditions for a trademark registration;
- Consult when register a trademark if it is feasibility or not;
- Free when search ability to register a trademark preliminary;
- Search officially a trademark at the Intellectual Property office – Independent cost;
- Represent for customers to register a trademark during the trademark registration process;
- Draft trademark registration documents;
- Apply and track the trademark registration process;
- Represent for customers in the whole process of establishing and responding to the Intelllectual Property office about trademark registration;
- Discuss and provide information to customers in the process of trademark registration in Vietnam and abroad.