The need to use cosmetics in Vietnam is favored not only for women but for all people in modern society. Imported cosmetics are still favored by Vietnamese consumers for their diverse variety and quality. According to the law, organizations and individuals responsible for importing cosmetics and putting cosmetic products on the market in Vietnam are responsible for announcing cosmetic products at the Vietnam Drug Administration before putting the products on the market. Cosmetic importers are only allowed to put the products on the market after they have been announced and has the cosmetic publication receipt number of the Drug Administration of Vietnam and take full responsibility for the safety, the effectiveness of cosmetic products on the market and must comply with the provisions of the law of Vietnam.
The types of cosmetic products that must be published for circulation of cosmetic products:
- Creams, emulsions, milk, gels or oils used on the skin (hand, face, feet, …)
- Face Mask (except chemical skin peeling products)
- Color coatings (liquid, paste, powder)
- Makeup powder, after-bath powder, hygiene powder, ….
- Bath soap, deodorant soap, …
- Perfume, perfume for hygiene, ….
- Products for bathing or hair washing (salt, soap, oils, gels, …)
- Hair removal products
- Deodorant and anti-odor.
- Hair care products: (Hair dyes and bleaches, hair curlers, hair straighteners, hair creasing, hair shaping products, cleaning products (milk, powder, shampoo), hair nutrition (milk, cream, oil), styling products (milk, hairspray, wax).
- Products for shaving (cream, soap, milk, …)
- Makeup and makeup remover products for the face and eyes
- Products for lips
- Products for oral and dental care
- Products used to care and beautify nails, toenails.
- Products for external cleaning
- Sun protection products
- Products that darken skin without sunbathing.
- Skin whitening products
- Anti-wrinkle products
- Other products
Conditions for enterprises to publish the circulation of cosmetic products:
- Organizations, individuals whose name is on the cosmetic publication file must have a business registration certificate, including the function of cosmetic business.
- Currently, according to the national economic code, the cosmetic business is recorded in the Business Registration Certificate as follows:
4649: Wholesale of other household appliances, details: Wholesale of perfumes, cosmetics and hygiene preparations.
The cosmetic publication procedure is submitted online through the website https://vnsw.gov.vn/ . Currently, because all dossiers for announcement of cosmetic publication must be submitted online, the organization or individual whose name is on the cosmetic publication profile must register to use an electronic digital signature to submit the cosmetic publication announcement dossier. The electronic signature for filing can be used to be the digital signature of the enterprise.
Requirements for dossier for annoucement of cosmetic product publication
- 01 Notarized copy of the business registration certificate or investment license.
- The language in the publication must be in Vietnamese and / or English.
- In the following cases, cosmetic products are allowed to be declared in the same annouuncement:
- The products are packaged under a generic name and sold as a set of products,
- Products with similar formulations but with different colors or smells
- Products that are different but are packaged together in the same packaging as a packaging unit
- Other forms will be decided by the Vietnam Drug Administration based on the ASEAN cosmetic committee’s decision.
- When there are changes to the announced contents, organizations and individuals must re-announce them to the Vietnam Drug Administration.
- The receipt number of cosmetic quality standards announcement is valid for 05 years. Organizations and individuals must re-announced at least 01month before the application receipt number expires and must pay a fee as prescribed.
Records need to prepare circulation of imported cosmetics
|No||Document||Form / quantity||Responsible party|
|1||Business registration (with cosmetic business / production function) or investment License of organizations and individuals whose name is on the application form for publication of cosmetic products||01 certified copy||Provided by the Registrar|
|2||Certificate of Free Sale of products in the country of origin||01 consular legalized copy (original or copy)||Provided by the Registrar|
|3||Power of Attorney of Manufacturer (as provided by Viet An form)||01 original is consular legalized||Provided by the Registrar|
|4||The product’s ingredient formula||01 printed information||Customers provide|
|5||Information about the product: Product form, presentation of the product, intended use of the product||01 printed information||Customers provide|
Profile preparation time
- Check the list of documents in the cosmetic product proclamation record: 01 – 02 working days from the date of receiving the document delivered by the customer;
- Drafting and submitting the cosmetic product proclamation dossier: 03 working days from the date of receiving the complete dossier transferred by the customer.
- Profile preparation time may be prolonged depending on the number of cosmetic product standard proclamation records and the required ingredient recipe;
- Only when receiving full documents in the cosmetic product proclamation dossier according to the list as prescribed, Viet An Law Firmshall carry out the procedures for registration of cosmetic product proclamation at the Drug Administration of Vietnam – Ministry of Health.
Carry out procedures to announce imported cosmetic products at the Vietnam Drug Administration
Within 20-30 working days from the date of receipt of the complete cosmetic product proclamation dossier, the Vietnam Drug Administration is responsible for issuing the publication receipt number. After having the cosmetic product proclamation receipt number, the product is freely circulated in the territory of Vietnam.
The validity of the proclamation report is 5 years. Upon expiration of the validity period of the proclamation report, if the product continues to be circulated in the market, the customer must carry out the re-announcement procedure for the announced product.
Service of Viet An Law on announcement of circulation of imported cosmetics
In order to help businesses reduce costs as well as time involved, Viet An Law provides customers with legal services to announce the circulation of specific imported cosmetic products:
- Consult about legal issues before implementing the procedure of announcing circulation cosmetic products;
- Supporting businesses to prepare the records related to the circulation announcement of cosmetic products;
- Drafting related legal documents;
- Representing the business to carry out the procedures to announce the circulation of cosmetic products at the competent state agency.