According to Article 6 of Decree 17/2023/ND-CP, musical works specified under Point d Clause 1 Article 14 of the Law on Intellectual Property are works that are expressed in form of notes in a musical arrangement or other music symbols regardless whether they are performed or not. Accordingly, a musician’s musical work is protected by copyright under the law on intellectual property and meeting the criteria that the work is presented in the form of musical notes in a piece of music or other musical characters or fixed on audio or video recordings with or without lyrics.
The role of music in life
Entertainment, human formation and development
- Currently, music is one of the optimal and indispensable sources of human entertainment. In particular, music can also have a great impact on the process of human development.
- Therefore, advice is given: Pregnant women should let their babies listen to music right from the womb so that the baby can form and develop better thinking.
Educating people for all-electric development
Music has the effect of reflecting intelligence, thoughts, as well as a strong and profound impact on people’s emotions.
- It makes emotional vibrations deposited in the soul.
- Let your imagination soar.
- Helping people to understand, love life and love life more.
- Bringing people feelings of aesthetics and sophistication.
Bringing happiness to everyone
Without music, the world would be very dull. Music is extremely important for human happiness. It helps dispel suffering, bring joy, youth, full of life. Enjoying favorite songs helps people relax and have a lot of interesting experiences and love life, love life more.
Enhance memory, study and work efficiency
Science proves that, if choosing the right music such as piano music without lyrics, classical music, Baroque music … helps people focus, increase memory ability, even increase IQ… Accordingly, we can focus and memorize better in studying and working.
Procedure of copyright registration in Vietnam for music works
Step 1: Prepare documents copyright registration in Vietnam for music works
- Declaration of copyright registration.
- 02 copies of music work.
- Power of Attorney, if the applicant is an authorized person;
- Written consent of co-authors, if the work has co-authors;
- Written consent of the co-owners, if the copyright is jointly owned.
- Notarized identity card of the author or owner of the work;
- Notarized copy of the enterprise registration certificate (if the owner is a company).
Step 2: Submit an application for copyright registration of music works in Vietnam
Submit application for copyright registration at the following addresses:
- Copyright Office: No. 33 Alley 294/2 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Hanoi, City. Hanoi.
- Representative office in the city. Ho Chi Minh: No. 170 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Ward 6, District 3, City. Ho Chi Minh.
- Representative office in the city. Da Nang: No. 58 Phan Chu Trinh, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City.
Submit in person or by post to the addresses listed above.
Step 3: The Copyright Office examines and issues copyright certificates
- Within 15 working days from the date of receipt of a valid dossier, the Copyright Office is responsible for granting a certificate of copyright registration.
- In case of refusal, the Copyright Office must notify the applicant in writing.
Service of copyright registration in Vietnam for music works of Viet An Law
- Legal advice on procedures and conditions for copyright registration for works, advice and guidance for authors and work owners to prepare copyright registration documents.
- Filing copyright registration dossiers and submitting them to competent state agencies;
- Representing copyright registration for customers in the copyright registration process;
- Monitoring the process of registration and application processing at the Copyright Office;
- Exchanging and providing information to customers during the copyright registration process.
- Consulting on arising legal issues, disputes related to copyright.