The teaching quality of a refresher training institution always greatly depends on the text book and materials used during the training process. Therefore, text book compilation is considered by refresher training institutions as a job that plays a particularly important role. Text book compilation is a job that requires serious and scientific labor. To compile and produce a quality scientific product, the author must have professional qualifications, work hard and scientific with conscience, responsibility as well as the career passion. Therefore, copyright registration for text books in Vietnam is very necessary and meaningful.
The role of the text book
Improve the quality of training for learner, researcher
- Rely on text book and document, students will have more documents to self – educated, help develop student’s self – educated and self – research ability.
Improve the quality of teaching, speciality of lecturers
- Rely on text book and document, lecturers will have more conditions to innovation the method, form of organization of teaching and retraining.
- Improve the professional qualifications and professionalism of the teaching staff. Through the compilation and publication of text books and retraining documents, it will help to gradually improve the professional qualifications and scientific research capacity of the teaching staff. Moreover, it can also promote the formation groups of experts associated with specific specialties.
- Promote, affirm the brand of the training institution. The initiative in compiling and publishing a system of text books and documents to ensure the scientificity and suitability to the professional characteristics of the school not only helps the training and retraining institution to proactively source text books and documents serving the teaching and retraining work, but also contributing to promoting and affirming the quality, brand, and image of the school in front of students and the society. Many training and retraining institutions consider the compilation and publication of text books and documents is a mandatory requirement, their commitment to the training and retraining capacity and quality for social supervision.
Procedures of copyright registration for text books in Vietnam
Step 1: Prepare documents for copyright registration
- Declaration of copyright registration (according to the corresponding form in Circular No. 08/2023/TT-BVHTTDL dated June 02, 2023 on forms used in registration of copyright, related rights): The declaration must be made in Vietnamese and signed by the author, the copyright owner, the related right holder or the person authorized to submit the document. The declaration must contain complete information about the applicant, the author, the copyright owner or the related rights holder. The declaration must contain a summary of the work, performance, sound recording, video recording or broadcast; the name of the author, the work used as a derivative work if the work is registered as a derivative work; time, place and form of publication; commitment to responsibility for the information stated in the application.
- Two copies of copyright registration work: One copy is kept at the Copyright Office. One copy stamped with the registration certificate number shall be returned to the holder of the Certificate of Registration.
For written works: two volumes on A4 paper with page numbers and author’s signature on each page or company seal on adjoining edges of pages.
Power of attorney or authorization contract, if the applicant is an authorized person, a form prepared or provided by Law Viet An; In case the authorizing party is an individual, the power of attorney must be authenticated according to the provisions of law.
- Documents proving the right to apply;
- Written consent of co-authors, if the work has co-authors;
- Written consent of the co-owners, if the copyright is jointly owned;
- Notarized identity card of the author or owner of the work;
- Notarized copy of the company’s business registration certificate (if the owner is a company).
All documents submitted with the copyright registration application must be made in Vietnamese. In case the work made in a foreign language, it must be translated into Vietnamese and notarized/certified. The documents submitted with the documents, if they are copies, must be notarized or authenticated.
In case you use the services of Viet An Law Company, we will prepare and draft all necessary documents and documents to register copyright.
Step 2: Submit application for copyright registration
Submit an application for copyright registration in the following forms:
Submit directly to the Copyright Office at the following addresses:
- Copyright Office: No. 33 Alley 294/2 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Hanoi, Hanoi City.
- Representative office in Ho Chi Minh City: No. 170 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Representative office in Da Nang City: No. 58 Phan Chu Trinh, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City.
Submit by post to the following addresses: Copyright Office: No. 33 Alley 294/2 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Hanoi, Hanoi City.
Online submission: Online public service portal: http://dichvucong.gov.vn/
Step 3: The Copyright Office examines and issues the Certificate
- During 30 working days from the date of receipt of the submitted documents and duly accepted by the Copyright Office, the Copyright Office shall grant a copyright registration certificate to the applicant. In case the document is missing or has errors that need to be adjusted, the Copyright Office will notify you.
- In case of refusal, the Copyright Office must notify by writing the applicant.
- Organizations and individuals have one month is the maxium time from the date of receipt of the notice to amend and supplement the document, except in case of force majeure events or objective obstacles as prescribed by law. In case the organization or individual didn’t amend or supplement the document or has modified or supplemented the document but it is still invalid, the competent state agencies have right to return the document to the organization or individual;
Copyright registration for text book in Vietnam by Viet An Law
- Legal advice on procedures and conditions for copyright registration for works, advice and guidance for authors and work owners to prepare copyright registration documents;
- Drafting copyright registration documents and submitting them to competent state agencies;
- Representive copyright registration for customers in the copyright registration process;
- Monitor the process of registration and application processing at the Copyright Office;
- Exchange and provide information to customers during the copyright registration process.
- Consulting on arising legal issues, disputes related to copyright.