(+84) 96 167 55 66

Company seal under the laws of Vietnam

Company seals are often used for papers, transactional documents of a company or some other documents. Some sort of documents shall be invalid without a company seal. The Law on Enterprises 2014 contains many new regulations on freedom of a company in deciding the quantities and formality of its seals. However, there are some facts that companies should pay attention to:

Quantities and formality of company seals are decided by the company.

Regulations in the Articles of Association or Decision on Company seal:

  • Formality of the seal: form, size, contents, ink color;
  • Quantities;
  • Regulations on seal management and use.

Please notice that if a company has several seals, separation of responsibilities and power for seal use is very important and should be determined to avoid future disputes.

Contents of seals:

  • Company’s name: company form and private name;
  • Company registration number: the number recorded on the Business Registration Certificate.

Seal announcement after establishing the company:

The company shall send a notice to the Business Registry Office to post the seal sample on the National Portal of Business Registration.

Images, languages cannot be used for the seal:

  • National flag, emblem and Communist Party’s flag of Socialist Republic of Vietnam;
  • Images, symbols, names of the State, state authorities, the People’s armed forces, political organizations, socio-political organizations, socio-political-professional organizations, social organizations and socio-professional organizations;
  • Words, symbols and pictures that contravene Vietnam’s history, culture, ethical values and fines traditions.

Disputes arising between a company and other individuals, organizations related to words, symbols and images in the contents of the seal shall be settled at the court or arbitration center.

A company take its responsibilities under the laws for contents and use of its seals. The company shall stop using the seals that have words, symbols or images that violate the laws and pay damages under the decision of the court or arbitration center.

Legal consulting service for enterprises and investment at Viet An Law Firm:

  • Consult about regulations and procedures related to enterprises and investment in Vietnam;
  • Consult about regulations and procedures for company establishment, issuance of Investment Registration Certificate, Business Registration Certificate, sublicenses…;
  • Consult about conditional business sectors and detailed conditions applied to each one;
  • Draft, submit the application and work with state-authorized agencies when Clients authorize;
  • Consult about after-establishing issues: contracts, tax, Vietnamese labor, foreign labor working in Vietnam, intellectual property, commercial franchise

If you are looking for legal advice about enterprises and investment in Vietnam, please feel free to contact Viet An Law Firm for more information!

Related Acticle

The process of getting a C/O (Cert. of Origin) in Vietnam

The process of getting a C/O (Cert. of Origin) in Vietnam

First of all, please let me thank you for your trust in our legal consultancy service. Concerning your two questions, I would like to give advice as follows
Foreign entities eligible for the homeownership in Vietnam

Foreign entities eligible for the homeownership in Vietnam

Consequently, to buy a house in Vietnam you have to either invest in project-based housing construction in Vietnam or are allowed to enter Vietnam.
Establishing representative offices for Enterprise in Vietnam

Establishing representative offices for Enterprise in Vietnam

The enterprise send the operation registration of the representative office to the competent business registration office in the locality where the enterprise places representative office
Temporary residence card (TRC) for foreigners living in Vietnam

Temporary residence card (TRC) for foreigners living in Vietnam

According to the Law entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam 2014; Temporary residence card is issued by the Immigration authority or competent authority
Copyright and Related Rights (WIPO) in Vietnam

Copyright and Related Rights (WIPO) in Vietnam

Although register is not required to receive the rights, but register with the Copyright Office – Literature Arts will bring convenience to be recognized as an author when a dispute…
do thi thu ha lawyer

Hanoi Head-office

#3rd Floor, 125 Hoang Ngan, Hoang Ngan Plaza, Trung Hoa, Cau Giay, Hanoi, Vietnam


dong van thuc legal consultant

Ho Chi Minh city office

Room 04.68, 4th Floor, River Gate Residence, 151 – 155 Ben Van Don Street, District 4, HCM, Viet Nam



English speaking: (+84) 9 61 67 55 66 (Zalo, Viber, Whatsapp)

Vietnamese speaking: (+84) 9 33 11 33 66 (Ms.Thu Ha) (Zalo, Viber, Whatsapp)