Jewelry is now processed by many companies and business establishments with different qualities and designs. And in order to increase competitiveness, to help distinguish them from goods and services of other subjects, it is necessary to understand clearly about the trademark registration process.
Before performing a trademark search and registration, it is necessary to correctly classify the goods and services bearing the mark according to the Nice classification table.
For jewelry in group 14 according to the classification (including: Bracelets, Necklaces, Earrings, Ivory Jewelry, Rings, Jewelry made of artificial gems, …)
The correct classification will help determine the scope of protection to help the search take place quickly and give the most relevant results.
Prepare and submit dossier for trademark registration in Vietnam for jewelry
Dossier components include:
- Brand sample with size larger than 3×3 cm and smaller than 8×8 cm;
- List of goods and services requiring trademark registration;
- Trademark registration declaration (in case the client authorizes Viet An Law Firm, the declaration will be signed by the industrial property representative of Viet An Law);
- Power of Attorney for Viet An Law Firm to apply for trademark registration;
- Proof of payment of trademark registration fee.
Note: For an application for registration of a collective mark or certification mark, in addition to the above documents, the application is also required to have the following additional documents:
- Regulations on the use of collective marks/ certification marks;
- A description of the characteristic (or specific) nature and quality of the product bearing the mark (if the registered mark is a collective mark used for products of particular nature or is a quality certification mark quality of the product or a mark of geographical origin);
- Map of the geographical area (if the registered mark is a mark certifying the geographical origin of a product, or a collective mark, a certification mark containing a place name or other sign indicating the geographical origin of a particular feature). local produce);
- Document of the People’s Committee of the province or centrally run city permitting the registration of a geographical origin certification mark (if the registered mark is a collective mark, a certification mark containing a place name or a other than the geographical origin of the local specialty).
Processing time for a jewelry trademark application:
- Formality examination time: 01-02 months;
- Publication of the Application in the Official Gazette of the National Office of Intellectual Property: 02 months;
- Substantive examination of trademark application: 09-12 months;
- Issuance and publication of Trademark Registration Certificate to the owner: 01-02 months.
Thus, normally, the normal registration time of a trademark is about 13-18 months from the date of acceptance of a valid application. In case the business needs to carry out the procedure with a fast registration time from the date of accepting the valid application, please contact Viet An Law for detailed instructions.
To evaluate the possibility of successful trademark registration, customers can use the trademark search service of Viet An Law. Trademarks intended to be registered will be subject to preliminary and in-depth search at the National Office of Intellectual Property to know the possibility of confusingly similar or identical.
Some famous and prestigious jewelry brands
- Swarovski jewelry brand.
- Pandora jewelry brand.
- Jewelry brand Bvlgari.
- Cartier jewelry brand.
- Jewelry brand Tiffany & Co.
- Saga jewelry brand.
- Dior jewelry brand.
- Sokolov jewelry brand.
- Jewelry brand PNJ;
- Doji jewelry brand
- Tierra Diamond jewelry brand
- Phu Quy jewelry brand
- Bao Tin Minh Chau jewelry brand
- Jewelry brand SJC
- Cartino jewelry brand
- Cuu Long Jewelry Brand
Enterprises and individuals wishing to trademark registration in Vietnam for jewelry, please contact Viet An Law Firm for detailed instructions on filing documents and trademark registration applications.