When you work in Vietnam, you concern about how to get a work permit in Vietnam. However, you should also know in some case, there is a priority policy for the work permit exemptions, and case, where work permits are exempted, must be among one of the following cases:
• The Chairperson or a member of the Board of Directors of a joint-stock company with a capital contribution value of at least 3 billion NVD;
• An intra-company transferee within 11 sectors in the schedule of commitments in services between Vietnam and WTO, including: business services, communication services, construction services, distribution services, educational services, environmental services, financial services, health services, tourism services, recreational and cultural services, and transport services;
• Enters Vietnam to provide professional and engineering consulting services or perform other tasks intended for research, formulation, appraisal, supervision, evaluation, management and execution of programs and projects using official development assistance (ODA) in accordance with regulations or agreement in international treaties on ODA signed between the competent authorities of Vietnam and foreign countries;
• Granted a communication and journalism practicing certificate in Vietnam by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as per the law;
• Sent by a foreign competent authority or organization to Vietnam to teach and study at an international school under management of a foreign diplomatic mission or the United Nations; or of a facility established under an agreement to which Vietnam is a signatory;
• A volunteer (“volunteer” means an unpaid foreign worker who voluntarily works in Vietnam to implement an international treaty to which the Socialist Republic of Vietnam is a signatory with certification of a foreign diplomatic mission or international organization in Vietnam);
• Enters Vietnam to hold the position of a manager, executive, expert or technical worker for a period of work of less than 30 days and up to 3 times a year;
• Enters Vietnam to implement an international agreement to which a central or provincial authority is a signatory as per the law;
• A student studying at a foreign school or training institution which has a probation agreement with an agency, organization or enterprise in Vietnam; or a probationer or apprentice on a Vietnam sea-going ship;
• A relative of members of foreign representative missions in Vietnam are permitted to work in Vietnam in accordance with provisions in international treaties to which the Socialist Republic of Vietnam is a member;
• Obtains an official passport to work for a regulatory agency, political organization, or socio-political organization;
• Takes charge of establishing a commercial presence;
• Certified by the Ministry of Education and Training as a foreign worker entering Vietnam for teaching and research purpose.
For any information related to Vietnam Business Law Consultancy, Vietnam Investment and Vietnam intellectual property such as trademark registration, trademark renewal, trademark copyright services for products and services, please contact to Viet An Law for the most specific and detailed advice.
#3rd Floor, 125 Hoang Ngan, Hoang Ngan Plaza, Trung Hoa, Cau Giay, Hanoi, Vietnam